Title: Assistant Pastor for Youth and FamilyReports to: Senior PastorHours: Full-time
We are looking for a Christ-centered, prayerful, visionary leader who possesses a natural blend of connecting with students and engaging adults. This person is excited to follow Jesus into the local mission field of junior high and high schools where they will share the love of God by word and deed. This person will foster a spirit of fun and joy, effectively lead and influence, cultivate a staff culture of collaboration and excellence, and be highly motivated and adaptable. This person will be an excellent communicator who has a genuine, visible faith that is contagious.
Primary Duties:Help set vision and direction for junior high and high school ministry with the primary goal of raising our students to a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ. Disciple and develop volunteers and youth interns to help lead the ministry. Work with the Senior Pastor in setting vision for youth ministry in cooperation and partnership with the church leadership and staff.
Major Responsibilities:• Recruit and develop volunteer staff, broadening leadership skills, deepening Biblical and theological competence, developing the capacity to relate to and care effectively for students.
• Establish loving relationships with adults, students, their families and all volunteer and paid youth ministry staff
• Be a bridge between the youth ministry and the broader church. Demonstrate consistent engagement in the life of the church staff and broader church community. Create ways in which youth can be active in the overall congregation and vice versa
• Develop age appropriate programming for youth ministry that will engage and encourage students to seek and follow Jesus Christ, deepen their knowledge of scripture, and inspire them to serve in their community and beyond.
• Plan, coordinate and attend offsite spiritual enriching activities for students such as camps, retreats and conferences.
• Able to preach when called upon.
• Be a positive and prayerful church staff member working in cooperation for the overall vision of the church.
• Work within the budget set forth by Session for youth ministry.
• Pursue your own personal spiritual growth in Christ. Be a good role model for the students and youth leaders.
Primary Working Network:Youth staff, Children & Youth Administrator, Children & Youth Commission and Senior Pastor
Job Requirements: A strong and mature personal faith in Jesus Christ; a solid understanding of scripture and a passion to spiritually nurture others; experience working with youth; an ability to lead and relate to students and adults; an ability to be organized, prepared and to follow through on projects; a willingness to work with and submit to the leadership of the church.
• Bachelor's degree• Masters of Divinity or Equivalent• Salary: $65,000 plus benefits
Please include the following with your application:• If you have teaching examples (audio or visual) of you communicating with youth (and/or a congregation), please include links. If you do not, please submit an outline of a lesson plan for a youth talk you have given.
• Please also provide at least three references (including at least one previous supervisor, a subordinate, and a peer). Indicate your relationship with each and include their phone and email information.We will not contact your references until later in the process and only with your approval.
• Submit these responses (in Word or PDF format) along with your resume to email@example.com.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church :: Redondo Beach301 Avenue DRedondo Beach, CA 90277